Follow us on ...
TSC is in the process of recruiting new teachers and replacing those who have left due to natural attrition.
To apply for the available vacancies select from the list below
This is applicable to promotions from P2 to ATS III after successful completion of the appropriate Teacher Proficiency Course. The course is conducted by the Director of Quality Assurance and Standards in the Ministry of Education.TPC is advertised in the print media.
Application for TPC Course
Interested candidates will apply using prescribed forms available at Area Education Offices countrywide. Selection to the course is done by the field agents and training conducted. A list of successful candidates is submitted to the Commission for vetting and promotion.
Promotion on Attainment of higher qualification
Teachers who attain higher qualifications will be awarded increments as follows: ATS II/I teacher who attain relevant Diploma/Degree are awarded one/two incremental credits respectively. Teachers who attain relevant Masters/ Doctorate Degree are awarded three incremental credits. Incremental credits will not be awarded beyond the maximum salary point attached to a particular salary scale. Teachers will qualify for an increment for each year of completed service provided that the maximum salary point attached to a particular salary scale is not exceeded. Note: A teacher found guilty in a discipline case shall not be considered for promotion until he/she has completed two years of satisfactory teaching service.
Promotions are guided by the provisions of the three existing schemes of service namely;
- The Scheme of Service for Non-Graduate Teachers
- The Scheme of Service for Graduate Teachers,
- The Scheme of Service for Technical Teachers and Lecturers
Type Of Promotions
- These are promotions effected after completion of 3 years, subject to satisfactory performance and does not require one to be interviewed.
- Graduate Teachers who enter the service at Job Groups K will be promoted to Job Group L.
- Likewise Trained Diploma and Approved Teachers (ATS III - I) who enter the service at Job Group J will be promoted to, K and L after serving three successful years in each grade.
- Technical Teachers and Lecturers
The head of institution is required to submit a performance report.