A teacher can be deregistered if he/she:
- Obtains registration fraudulently
- Has been convicted of a sexual offence or an offence against a learner
- Has been convicted of a criminal offence which renders the person unfit to be a teacher
- Is found unfit to teach following disciplinary proceedings
- Suffers from physical or mental illness or infirmity which renders the person incapable of performing the duties of a teacher.
Whenever a teacher is deregistered his/her name will be published in the Kenya Gazette.