- Closure of your current bank account before the new one is operational.
- Recalling of salary by the Commission.
Any returned salary should be claimed in writing through the head of institution.
An employee is required to notify the Commission of any erroneous payment. Where the over payment is as result of death, the next of kin should notify the bank immediately.
To prevent over payment:
- Heads of institutions should report cases of death and absenteeism within 48 hours.
Over payment constitutes government liability whose recovery takes priority over all other deductions on payroll.
Over payment will be recovered as follows:
- In reinstatement cases, outstanding over payment will be recovered in full
- In cases of retirement or death, any government liability is recovered in full from pension benefits